New Saffron C70 Lid!

Gestart door Barry_C70, 31-10-2006 01:18:12

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Barry_C70

Hoi allemaal.

Ben nieuw hier. Ik ben Nederlands maar heb m'n hele leven in het buitenland gewoont en dus is m'n Nederlands niet zo heel erg goed, ik doe ook een Engelse studie dus dat helpt ook niet. Praten kan ik goed maar met schijven gaat het iets moeilijker, dus als julie het niet erg vinden, ga ik door in het Engels  ;)

I've lived in Groningen since 2004. Thanks to my dad working for Shell back in the day, I've lived pretty much everywhere from Asia to the U.S. (where I spent most of my life, hence the English). I graduated from a university in the UK and my background is Computer Science and I am currently doing an MBA here in Groningen full time. I've been a Volvo enthusiast my whole life and in June I took ownership of my first Volvo and also my dream car since I was 13 years old. It's a 1998 Saffron C70 T5, for those who haven't already guessed, it's Roy's old car, just a lot cleaner. I've also had most of the car repainted as there were a lot of paint chips and scratches all over the car.

When I bought the car, the ECU was Rica tuned but that's pretty much it. It also had MY05 jewel headlights and the XC grill. Since then I've done a number of mods including:

Bilstein front and rear shocks
IPD lowering springs
Cherry Turbo Tower brace
TME sports exhaust with dual tip
Graphite painted grill trim
Debadged
New power antenna and switch
Philips ultra white bulbs
Custom trunk lid magnetic keyhole cover

I have a whole list of mods waiting to be done (whenever time and finances will allow, being a full time student doesn't help) both aesthetic and performance wise including new rims, custom interior, illuminating door sills, etc etc etc. I've been active on SwedeSpeed for years but for some reason never thought of finding a forum in the country where I lived, but now I'm here and I look forward to going to meetings and getting to know you guys.

FYI: you can write in Dutch and I'll have no problem understanding you. Most of my friends all talk Dutch to me but I guess I'm just too lazy to reply in anything other than English.

Also, just to get this out there. Every Saturday here in Groningen at the old IKEA parking lot, a whole bunch of car enthusiast and modifiers get together to show off their rides. They're mostly Honda's and Golfs and I'm usually the only Volvo there, if anyone's up for going it would be cool to show off with other Volvos!

some pics:

Ricardo

Mooie auto. Aan welke velgen dacht je?

Zippo

De auto van Hoogeslag toevallig?  :)
Welkom op 't forum.

Zippo

Eugene

Welkom op het forum!

Prachtige C70! :o

Setje 18" Tritons eronder zou niet misstaan ;)

If it's not blown, it sucks...

Johann

He Barry welkom!
Het heeft even mogen duren maar dan toch maar overstag?  ;D

M a r c

Wordt tijd dat we een keer met een groep Groningen onveilig gaan maken  :)  Dan voelt Barry zich niet zo alleen  ;) Welkom hier en mooie wagen!
Vragen?  Geen PB, maar graag mailen naar:

info@europeantuning.nl

M a r c

Citaat van: Zippo op 31-10-2006 07:31:32
Welkom op 't forum.

Zippo

Lezen Maarten... lezen  ;)

info@europeantuning.nl

Barry_C70

Thanks for the welcome guys. To answer a few of your posts:

Ricardo: 19" Pegasus replicas are at the top of my want list right now, but my choice always changes on a weekly basis. Lucky for me I don't have to make a choice till the weather gets warmer. I'm undecided between 19" and 18" as from some pictures I've seen, 19" makes the car look higher than it actually is. Either way, they'll be graphite. I've looked at some other rims like these:

and

but I'm starting to not like the lip anymore and I really want a 5 spoke design thanks to the video Johann posted a number of years ago on SS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LPrr6cm2RU (watch as the car rolls towards the camera at the end of the clip, SWEET!)

Zippo: yup, the car used to belong to Roy.

Eugene: Thanks for the welcome, I think the triton design is a little too busy for my taste, yes I posted a pic which look similar to them but I'm fairly certian I won't be taking the car in that direction.

Johann: I guess since you started posting less frequently on SS I thought it was getting lonely there so I thought I'd go ahead and stalk you on here for a bit, hope thats okay  ;)

Marc: Awesome idea! Open invitation for everyone to come to Groningen this Saturday (or any other day!), because you know "er gaat niets boven Groningen! (en "Beste binnen stadt van Nederland!")

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

couple more pics:

some toys  ;D

Some pics taken before the toys were installed:

My custom keyhole cover

Graphite painted grill trim and slash

M a r c

Strakke bak!  Mijn vrouw rijdt ook met een C70, dagelijks met 18" en met speciale gelegenheden op 19"  :)

info@europeantuning.nl

R o b

Citaat van: M a r c op 31-10-2006 10:36:24
" en met speciale gelegenheden op 19" :)

Speciaal als in: met zijn 2-en naar de Ikea....of als jij ermee naar meetings gaat! Haha

Enno

Ik zie BILSTEINS :).....ik hoop dat ze gaan bevallen...ik ben na 60000 km nog steeds erg tevreden.....

Ricardo

Mooie auto.
19'' pegs zou ik nemen. Of Masitaly als je die kan vinden.

Frans Harkema

Mooie auto, zondermeer. Met de huidige velgen is volgens mij niets mis, staan erg goed. Het enige wat ik zou verwijderen is de nummerbordhouder, dat zijn absoluut nutteloze dingen met overbodige reclame. Het mooiste zijn naar mijn idee nummerborden met opgelegde nummers en cijfers, maar ieder zijn keuze natuurlijk..... ;)

MarkoC70T5

Leuk dat je heb aangemeld op het 850 forum.

Dan hoe ik niet steeds meer te  gaan zoeken op zwedespeed. Als je weer wat nieuws heb  ;D
Going broke in style. 
Soms mis ik de Volvo wel tot ik de V8 start.

Zippo

Citaat van: M a r c op 31-10-2006 09:22:05
Citaat van: Zippo op 31-10-2006 07:31:32
Welkom op 't forum.

Zippo

Lezen Maarten... lezen  ;)

Oud wijf!  ;D