Electric probs

Gestart door VolvoFox, 01-12-2008 22:57:19

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

VolvoFox

Hi

i have a litte problem at the last days. I had this problems a few month ago, but they have gone away alone.
now is it a little bit extrem :)

my problem is :

i start the engine and the car is running, i turn the lights on...
i blink left and the car close itself.
i open the car.
i go on the brake.
the car close itself.
i open the car.
i push the button for the window heating.
the car close itself.

if i don´t have the lights on then this problem comes only if i turn the window heating on...

a few mounth ago the car has open and close itself in tact...

and the lamp for the light test turn on. like when you go start the engine and brake and it turn off.
when you brake the lamp turn off to, but when the window heating is on, then the lamptest won´t get off.

what can it be?

maybe i go and make a video tomorrow...

greetings david

elianmars

thuur

Check all relays above the pedals (remove the dash cover, 3 screws for 850). Preferably remove them and reinstall accordingly. Do the same for the relays next to the fuses (remove relay cover, 4 screws). While working there you might want to check the fuses as well (remove, clean, reinstall). One at a time of course.

Check both earth strips from the exhaust side of the cilinder head to the firewall, the blue connection between battery (negative terminal) and chassis point between battery and headlight. Repair or clean where neccessary.

If the behaviour persists, slam all doors, including trunklid, harder than usually. Measure the voltage on the battery when the engine is idling. And the same when you rev it up to about 1500+ rpm. Post the voltages here.

Good luck!

R,
8)

francois

have you a after sale alarm in the car
check the + harness off the battery off thy are lose

greetings      :eusa_dance:

VolvoFox

hi

thanks for the answers...

i have check all the fuses and the sprips looks good.

maybe i clean some things :)...
it could be the relays, i will check them tomorrow i think.

about the voltage think, too :)

greetz David

PS: no after sale disco alarm :D

VolvoFox

hi

i have found the problem.
some friends have told me they have the same probs. on with his punto gt and the other one with his golf3 g60...

they say that i have to check and clean the electrical stuff from the taillights...
and viola no problems more...

they where some open cables which lie there. then i have isolated this whole stuff and a little bit contact spray for the other things :D...

greetz David