Oscillerend stationair toerental

Gestart door george, 22-09-2004 20:18:14

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Jeroentjuh

Ik zou heb eerst maar eens demonteren en helemaal goed reinigen. Als je dan weer probleme krijgt kan er altijd nog een nieuwe op....

Hij zit onderop je inlaatspruitstuk, de sticker zit voorop de gasklep..... (zal wel een witte zijn ;))

mathh

Citaat van: Jeroentjuh op 01-07-2005 00:42:54
Ik zou heb eerst maar eens demonteren en helemaal goed reinigen. Als je dan weer probleme krijgt kan er altijd nog een nieuwe op....
Hij zit onderop je inlaatspruitstuk, de sticker zit voorop de gasklep..... (zal wel een witte zijn ;))

Vandaag is hij vervangen. Het probleem werd steeds erger. Maar effe schoonmaken is er volgens mij niet bij. De monteur is er twee uur mee zoet geweest: inlaatpijpen losmaken, ventilator verwijderen, van onderen de rechtse afdekplaat los, daarna de grote over de hele breedte en van onderlangs werd hij vervangen. Het probleem was ook goed zichtbaar: versleten potmeter.
V70R awd 2000                Heico chip, Ferrita DP, K&N, Denso irridium Heico 8x18

willem1954

Typisch lekke drukregelaar!  :-[ Dit blikken busje (kost E70) zit voorop het blok onder de afdekplaat vd inspuiting. Trek het dunne slangetje (afkomstig van inlaatgedeelte) aan de onderzijde maar eens los, druppelt hier benzine uit? Zo ja, dan is de drukregelaar lek en moet vervangen worden. Kun je zelf... ;).

groet, willem

BenC70ES

Nog even melden dat ik na een software upgrade (overeenstemmen gasklep met wagen) en ook een andere luchtmassameter alle lampjes uitzijn.

(Ventilator blijft ook uit nadat het 'ETS' lampje uitblijft)
Rijdt super terug...

Denk dat ik de LMM wel aan een goed prijs had:200 EUR van BOSCH

Bosch-nr's:
0280 218 007
0280 218 045
0280 218 108
En Volvo nr's:
9445148/9545148
8670112/9470640
8670112/8670263
Is allemaal hetzelfde... :)

Citaat van: Jeremy Clarckson
It's the fuel of Satan man!!!!!

BenC70ES

Ook nog even 2 foto's van de gasklep die er nu in zit:

BenC70ES

:o :-\ :'(
(made in Italy... )

BenC70ES

Daarnet een consumenten programma op BBC1 gezien:  :o :-\ :'(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/

"Volvo's Electronic Throttle Module

14 February 2006

The Volvo is known for its comfort, reliability and safety - not the kind of car that you'd expect to let you down and leave you high and dry on the motorway.

Bob Frost bought his Volvo V70 brand new in 1999 for £23,500. However, with 8046km (5000 miles) on the clock, his car developed a problem. The engine began to run roughly and the car's Electronic Throttle Module (ETM) had to be replaced by Volvo under warranty. Less than 104,000km (65,000 miles) and six years later, the car's ETM failed again.

The ETM controls fuel flow and ultimately the car's power. When you put your foot on the throttle, the ETM sends a signal through the car's computer to control the speed. If the ETM fails, the car takes over and the driver is no longer in charge.

Jonathan Sharp first started experiencing problems with his Volvo V70 when his engine management warning lights came on. He contacted Volvo to find out what this meant but before he could get the car to the dealer, it died completely.

Volvo diagnosed a problem with the thermostat and charged £143.23, but little did the Sharps know that there was a deeper rooted problem which could strike at any time.

Jonathan's wife was driving up the A1 motorway, doing 113kmph (70mph), with their daughter in the back. The engine, with no warning at all, dramatically cut the power, which forced her to veer across the hard shoulder as quickly as she could while trying to avoid the traffic that was coming up behind her. The car had been forced into what Volvo call 'limp mode', limiting the car's speed. The Sharps were charged around £650 for a replacement ETM.

Simon Jennings was also driving on the outside lane when his ETM failed. His Volvo C70 cut out when he was driving at 97kmph (60mph). He was relieved to have been able to manoeuvre his car in heavy traffic over to the hard shoulder, but he was frightened by the whole experience.

All of the following models with petrol engines are affected: not just the V70s and C70s (model years 1999-2001), but the S60, S70, S80, XC70 and the V70 non-turbos and C70s (model year 2002). Also, all S60 and V70 Bi fuel models are affected. Not exactly an isolated problem then.

Volvo of North America has just extended the warranty on the ETM to ten years or 322,000km (200,000 miles) on the clock. In the US and Canada, no fewer than 75,000 Volvos have had the problem. US auto-safety regulators are now investigating the safety risks and could potentially order a recall.

Volvo Car UK has asked Volvo drivers who are experiencing difficulties with their ETM to contact their customer relations department, or their local Volvo dealer.

It also plans to introduce a software upgrade from April 2006 onwards, which will reduce the likelihood of issues with the ETM. Volvo says it will make this available, at no charge, to customers with affected cars who contact their customer relations department.

For more information on the US response to the ETM issue, click here.
To contact Volvo customer relations, call 0845 756 4636."

thuur

Citaat van: BenC70ES op 14-02-2006 21:59:22

For more information on the US response to the ETM issue, click here.

Klikklikklikklikklik ??? ::)

Ben wel benieuwd naar het vervolg op dit verhaal :o

Gr :P

BenC70ES

llinssen

Heeft iemand al geprobeerd om onder garantie de klep te laten vervangen door volvo nederland / belgie?

Het lijkt erop dat volvo VS en UK overstag zijn, hoewel ik nergens een officieel persbericht van volvo heb kunnen vinden.
Peugeot 104 > 245 Van > 745 > 245 > 745 > 855 2.5 > 855 2.0 > C70conv 2.5LPT > 854 2.5 > 744 > V70 > C70 > XJ8> S500.

llinssen

Ik heb het zelf maar even geprobeerd. Deze mail heb ik gestuurd aan global customer relations (gcr@volvocars.com). Kijken of en wat voor antwoord ik krijg.

++++
Dear madam sir,

Looking for the solution for a problem I am experiencing with my MY 1999 C70 convertible (the RPM is fluctuating between 800-1200 when ideling), I found various other owners that reported the same problem. Apperantly it has to do with the ETM.

I also found that in the US volvo has admitted that the ETM is not up to the standards that can be expected from this part, and that the warranty is extended to 10 years or 100K miles.
In the UK volvo also has decided to take measures.

Could you please tell me what your policy for the Netherlands and Belgium is?

Kind regards,

Peugeot 104 > 245 Van > 745 > 245 > 745 > 855 2.5 > 855 2.0 > C70conv 2.5LPT > 854 2.5 > 744 > V70 > C70 > XJ8> S500.

llinssen

Het antwoord van Volvo, en mijn reactie.....

Volvo:

Dear Mr. Lissen,

Thank you for your email of 17 March and please excuse our delayed reply.
The backlog in email responding is partly due to the issue you are writing about since many people have read a lot about this on the internet and they all believe that their cars are affected. In some cases this may be true but mostly the reported problem can be related to something else and we count on your understanding for not being able to troubleshoot at this distance. We therefore recommend you to visit your authorised Volvo dealership and set up an appointment for examination of your Volvo with them. They are also better placed than ourselves to inform you of what is valid on your particular market.

Regarding the ETM issue, this topic is handled differently by different markets. As you say, Volvo Cars of North America have decided to take a very generous approach since the consequences of a malfunctioning ETM is in conflict with their legislation. It has to do with their very strict legal demands regarding exhaust emission. In other markets it is handled case by case and the vehicle's history is one part of the approach that the market in question will have. Some markets do not consider this to be a problem at all, it is looked upon as a normal wear and tear issue and the case handling will not differ from any other case handling.

In other words; Volvo Car Corporation does not dictate the handling of this matter. Neither do we set guidelines. According to Company Policy each market where Volvo Car Corporation is represented is acting on our behalf and it is their responsibility to administer customer issues and to resolve them in a fair and reasonable manner. Each market has been empowered with the authority to address situations such as these, basing their actions on the information available to them.

It goes without saying that we are sorry to learn that your Volvo is not performing as expected and can appreciate your wish to bring this matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely,
Dept 57130, SAA2
Volvo Car Corporation
SE-40531 Göteborg,
Sweden

Telephone: +46 31 3250077
Fax: +46 31 59 55 55

++++++++++++
ikke:

Dear Ms Ryder,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry I was not clearer in my email. I am not looking for you to troubleshoot my problem, I already went to my dealer (Lacom in Leuven Belgium), who assessed the ETM as causing the problem. On the internet I found out it is not an isolated problem, but covers most 1999-2000 x70 models.

I will contact Volvo Belgium to see what they propose as a fair  and reasonable manner, hopefully they will come to the same conclusions as Volvo US.

Kind regards,

llinssen

Volvo Belgie wil niets doen, de dealer ook niet.
Van de dealer kan ik het me voorstellen, ik ben nog maar nauwelijks klant. Geen reden voor coulance.

Van Volvo Belgie had ik wel wat verwacht, gezien de mail van GCR. Dus nu maar terug naar GCR. We zullen zien.

+++++
Dear Ms Ryder,

Since my last email, I had contact with Volvo Belgium (xxxxx). After giving me a speech about thar car being over seven years old and the ETM problem   being a normal problem for a car this age (completely ignoring the 75000 cars in the US and Canada having the same problem), he did contact my dealer. But since I bought the car only recently from a private person, both dealer and Volvo Belgium offered no other solution than having it fixed at full price.
I understand this very well from Volvo Lacom's perspective, but I don't understand it from Volvo Belgium. The car I bought has been dealer maintained by Volvo Fizaine for the it's entire history. If Volvo values the high residual value, it should also try to give support to second had car buyers.

I hope you can agree with me that the way xxxxxx handled this case is not particulairly a fair and reasonable manner of solving this issue nd that you can intervene on my behalf. I hope I do not have to go the whole way of consumer watchdog programmes and or newspapers as in the US and UK.

Kind regards,

Marc O.

Ik denk dat je die laatste zin beter niet zo had kunnen opschrijven. Mogelijk voelen ze zich daardoor gechanteerd met een afwijzende reactie als gevolg.
...The Nile isn't just a river in Africa...

llinssen

Tja dat is altijd een afweging. Op de verschillende forums werd me duidelijk dat volvo probeert om alles te ontkennen en pas onder druk iets gaat doen. Ik dacht, laten we maar zien hoe het loopt.

Ik ken zeer vagelijk iemand van Tros radar, een goed bekeken programma in Belgie en Nederland, dus het zijn geen loze dreigementen. Ik baal echt van de manier waarop ze dit oppakken. Zelfs de gratis software die ze in de UK geven wordt niet aangeboden.

We zullen zien wat er gebeurd, ik hoop dat je geen gelijk hebt, kost flink wat extra moeite.