Best BB KIT for 17"-18" wheels

Gestart door VolvoFox, 30-04-2009 02:05:39

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

VolvoFox

Hi

i know that there are a lot of threads out there, but i cant read dutch. Maybe some things are logic to understand and a few word are like german but not all.

so i will start here a new topic for Big Brake Kits and the experience which have people make with his BB Kits.

so here is my condition:

i want to drive my Titans in 17" for winter

and get this summer some 18" Pegasus/Titans

in the front 330/325mm in the rear min for 16" wheels/~300mm...

the brands which i have choose are European Tuning 330mm or
Tarox 325mm,....

but whats about other Brake Brands like AP, Stoptec, Brembo, Wilwood,...
i have see that a few people have XYZ.

Please write your wheel/ brake size [front and rear].
how many euro you have spend and whats your mind about the change/difference between your new and the "super" :D stock t5 R mini brakes.

If you have to mount some spacer wirte it down too :).

greetings david

thuur

VolvoFox

hi

thx for the link, but the important mind was the experience of each people with other brakes.

i have buy the big brake kit from X and they are not really better as my old one...

so kind of stuff :D :)

greetings

V70geRwin

i drive with the porsche/s60r combi (see avatar) and its a lot better then standard, they are in another league performance wise. More stopping power and more durability/reliability.  If you like to decellerate a BBK is a must! But the porsche calipers are huge and need a lot of space inside the rims, means big spacers for the winter titans you want to keep. they fit without spacers behind 17" original R rims.

michiel

I'm quite satisfied with my WP Pro-kit. However, if you want a set that fits behind your Titans, there's only 1 option I know of: AP Racing. All other sets require spacers to fit behind yer Titans, which apparently is a consequence of the unrefined casting of the Titans.
Voorheen: DOP 855 T-5R met 18T, 3"Ferrita downipe, K&N Hpi, roze (paarse?) injectoren, MTE ECU-flash, 18" OZ Superturismo, 330mm WPPro BBK, Koni adjustables, APEX-veren, IPD-stabikit. Nu DOP 855R 2.0 mt onbekende map, IPD stabi's, Koni's en 302 met OPD blokken

Dave

There is another option for Titans:

This is an combination of WP Pro calipers and Volvo rotors/

VolvoFox

hi

thx for all comments...

the last option sounds good.

@dave

what kind of size have the volvo rotor?
is it from the s60 (R) ?

where i can get the WP Pro calipers (how many $ € :D  ::) )?

if i would get the european tuning, would i have to go for spacer too ?

i like the "original" stock look for brakes anyway like on Alpinas.
but a good disk for higher temperature resistance is anyway allways better for cars with bad stock brakes likes the t5-r or even much much faster t5-r :D :) ;).

greetings David