Hi all! Owner in UK

Gestart door Babybadger, 25-11-2008 18:42:07

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

francois

Vertigo

fbm

Babybadger

Citaat van: Marc O. op 26-11-2008 19:56:27
Nice car. Hope you only need those jump cables to assist others ;)

You got it, or if the kids leave the interior lights on!

Marc O.

Citaat van: Babybadger op 26-11-2008 20:54:31
Citaat van: Marc O. op 26-11-2008 19:56:27
Nice car. Hope you only need those jump cables to assist others ;)

You got it, or if the kids leave the interior lights on!

Oh yeah, those bloody kids. Just put some hi-voltage on it. That will teach 'em ;D
...The Nile isn't just a river in Africa...

Babybadger

Citaat van: Vertigo op 26-11-2008 20:02:49
Nice Car!

It's a unique one in the UK i think.
Good to hear that there is at least one Englishman with a bit of common sense and prefers left hand drive cars.

Enjoy your Volvo, they're boxy, but there good!

Thanks, it was how this car was designed in left hand drive. I reserve judgement on Japanese and British cars though.....

Not so unique being white in the UK, but LHD yes, all motorway police cars from 1994/5 to current use/have used Volvo 850/V70's mainly in white, some undercover ones in different colours. They are switching to BMW diesels now.

Babybadger

Vertigo

Citaat van: Babybadger op 26-11-2008 21:07:01
Citaat van: Vertigo op 26-11-2008 20:10:47
Citaat van: francois op 26-11-2008 20:05:03
very nice care    :eusa_clap:

care? ;)

Hey their English is better than my Dutch!

Noticed the smiley?

It just reminded me about a little comedy book called: "I always get my sin".
That's a book about hilarious English sentences spoken by (famous) Dutch people.

By the way, your Dutch is good enough to find your way to this forum and manage to post your introduction topic into the appropriate board.

Babybadger

Citaat van: Vertigo op 26-11-2008 21:15:31
Citaat van: Babybadger op 26-11-2008 21:07:01
Citaat van: Vertigo op 26-11-2008 20:10:47
Citaat van: francois op 26-11-2008 20:05:03
very nice care    :eusa_clap:

care? ;)

Hey their English is better than my Dutch!

Noticed the smiley?

It just reminded me about a little comedy book called: "I always get my sin".
That's a book about hilarious English sentences spoken by (famous) Dutch people.

By the way, your Dutch is good enough to find your way to this forum and manage to post your introduction topic into the appropriate board.

hartelijk dank

Babybadger

Citaat van: MJH op 25-11-2008 20:45:26
Welcome at this great forum. Where in London do you live? I am planning to visit Docklands, later this week.
I can bring you an English - Dutch dictionary, so you can start practising... ;)

By the way, no pictures? ;D

Living in Eltham, South East London

Soulfly

Welcome to the board Badger.

Great color the 850 has got. What can I say... I've got the same :)
How did you find this board, I mean, it isn't really common that a UK-Volvo driver ends-up on a dutch board.
(not that you're any less welcome :D )
1994 855 2.5i 10v
2000 320D

Babybadger

Well RICA is dutch, yes? And I know there is a bigger 850 following in the Netherlands than in Germany, France or Italy. Maybe I am wrong, but at least I found you guys out of it. There is a big following in the UK, www.volvot5.co.uk and www.t5d5.org. There is also a big following in the states www.swedespeed.com, http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/ and in austrailia even http://au.geocities.com/ozbrick850/ . These latter ones are superb for helping solve any problems that come up.

There is lots to learn about the best estate car ever made.

Ben

Citaat van: Babybadger op 26-11-2008 21:46:01
hartelijk dank

Goed zo Babybadger.

Het voorrecht om in het Engels op dit Nederlandstalig forum te schrijven was totnutoe voorbehouden aan onze forumallochtoon Barry.
Om het forum voornamelijk Nederlandstalig te houden én de anderstaligen aan het Nederlands te laten wennen kun je Engels schrijven maar antwoorden we in het Nederlands. Op de Engelstalige forum schrijven we per slot van rekening ook niet in het Engels :P

FGG

Citaat van: Babybadger op 26-11-2008 22:11:54
Well RICA is dutch, yes? And I know there is a bigger 850 following in the Netherlands than in Germany, France or Italy. Maybe I am wrong, but at least I found you guys out of it. There is a big following in the UK, www.volvot5.co.uk and www.t5d5.org. There is also a big following in the states www.swedespeed.com, http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/ and in austrailia even http://au.geocities.com/ozbrick850/

There is lots to learn about the best estate car ever made.

How are you going to combine the educational value of this Forum with your lack of knowledge of the Dutch language?

Hoe ga je de educatieve waarde van dit Forum combineren met je gebrek aan kennis van de Nederlandse taal.

(zo, dat is les 1, dankzij de fractioneel eerdere post van Ben) ;D

Citaat van: LarsDan ga je toch iets langzamer...
Moet ook wel met 100pk minder :eusa_think:

Babybadger