Introduction from America!

Gestart door YELLOW95, 16-07-2020 17:40:40

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

YELLOW95

Hi everyone, I live in Maine in the USA and wanted to introduce myself as a new forum member. I have browsed here for a little while but figured I would make a formal introductory thread. My introduction to Volvo came with a MY94 854 Turbo that was my older brother's first car, and our family has basically only driven Volvos since then.

I currently have a CY T-5R saloon that is my pride and joy, and it is pretty decked out with OEM accessories. My father and I share ownership of a CY T-5R estate that we purchased a few years ago in New Jersey. Lastly, my father owns another CY T-5R saloon that he purchased locally for a real steal. All three of these vehicles were purchased from their original owners.  I may have met some of you last year during the Treffen/25th anniversary event, which was a total blast! I hope to make more posts soon and also share some pictures, thanks!

Spin!

Welcome mr Mack! Say hi to your dad.

www.vm-parts.nl

Menno3274

YELLOW95

Citaat van: Spin! op 16-07-2020 18:13:36
Welcome mr Mack! Say hi to your dad.

Will do Rutger! Figured you might be on here!

Timo

Welcome!

We also have a CY 4 door and CY 5 door, both manual.
Cool to drive around with the two cars together  ;D 8)

Where are the pictures?!

Volvo 855 T-5R CY Manueel 320'000KM - Alles origineel

Transverse, 5-cylinder engine, 2,319 cc. Turbocharged for extreme output.

YELLOW95

Citaat van: Timo op 16-07-2020 21:39:19
Welcome!

We also have a CY 4 door and CY 5 door, both manual.
Cool to drive around with the two cars together  ;D 8)

Where are the pictures?!

That's awesome! Obviously all automatics here in the US, but I am working on piecing together all the necessary parts to swap mine.

Here is a picture from this past weekend. My local dealership is brand new and I snuck it on a Saturday to install my under-engine protective cage that just got here from Skandix. It's super noticeable in the picture that the paint "match" on the hood is off. Unfortunately this was done prior to my ownership, but something I would like to get fixed in the future.

de Boeing

I'm afraid we need more pictures  ;D

Nice car, and funny to see that we here in Europe all love US style blinkers, while you guys all seem the want the EU style blinkers (with a white instead of an orange reflector in them  8) )

YELLOW95

Citaat van: de Boeing op 17-07-2020 09:40:45
I'm afraid we need more pictures  ;D

Nice car, and funny to see that we here in Europe all love US style blinkers, while you guys all seem the want the EU style blinkers (with a white instead of an orange reflector in them  8) )

Haha yes, those were a recent addition also. I guess it's you always want what you couldn't have! I am waiting on another set of clear corners in the post which will be added to the CY estate

Walter

I see possibilities for a swap meet

Facta non verba
ex-850club lid/ex-V3C lid
Volvo V70 B5244S2 AT MY02/Volvo 854 B5202F '95/Volvo 343DL '78/Volvo 360GLS B19A '83.
Nu: Volvo S80 3.2 AWD Summum MY08 + Buick Special Trunkback Sedan 1937

YELLOW95

Citaat van: Walter op 17-07-2020 15:24:29
I see possibilities for a swap meet

I am all in for swapping stuff. Part of the reason why I decided to finally make a username here is for some parts or accessories which might only be found across the pond. For my eventual 5-speed swap, I still will need the correct console and alcantara shift boot. I have a mint walnut knob with box that I found locally. If I am going to complete the swap, I am going to do it 100% correct OEM.

henry classic v70

....there is a good reason to visit Holland  :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

Translation:

Volvodrive Meeting

Volvodrive Treffen 2020 will take place on Monday June 1 (Whit Monday).

Due to corona, new date September 13, 2020

Do you own a Volvo and do you want to participate in the largest outdoor Volvo event in the Benelux?

Buy your ticket here now for only € 5 per car (also for non-Volvo cars) and regardless of the number of occupants. This parking ticket ensures a nice spot on the Aquabest site, which is all about Volvo on Whit Monday.

Address: Ekkersweijer 1, Best (near Eindhoven)
Time: 10am - 4pm
Entrance: € 5 per car (regardless of occupant number)
600.000 km 2.5 10V '99 lpg Volvo V 70
265.000 km 1.6 16V '05 lpg Citroën C4

arjenT5R

Staat die al bij de evenementen Henry? Geloof het niet toch? Misschien wel handig?
Liquid propane, knock free, ice cold " go fast fuel "!!

henry classic v70

Citaat van: arjenT5R op 25-07-2020 08:58:35
Staat die al bij de evenementen Henry? Geloof het niet toch? Misschien wel handig?

Zal 'm bij meetings plaatsen
600.000 km 2.5 10V '99 lpg Volvo V 70
265.000 km 1.6 16V '05 lpg Citroën C4